Tuesday, June 10, 2008

100 - Make a home


Dear David,

I went on the Silver Airplane yesterday, and I'm far away now. I already miss you and Mommie and Michael very much, and can not wait to come home and see you and, of course, bring you Presents, as always.

When I was a little boy, my Daddy (who is Grandpa), and my Mommie (who is Grandma), made a nice home for me. I would go out and play, or go to school. But when I got tired or scared, or when School was all done, I would always be so happy to go home. At home, everyone was nice to me. At home, I could take a nap, eat Apples, lay down on the floor, play with my toys and watch TV.

It makes me laugh, when I take you someplace, and when we are gone for a long time and you are tired, or just not having a good time, you ask me, repeatedly, "Can we go home now?!"

It makes me laugh because I feel the same way, even now that I am Big.

Home is the place you go when you are tired, scared, hungry or lonely so you can Feel Better. Its the place where they have Birthday Parties for you and give you Presents. Friends come to see you there, play with your toys and drink Juice Boxes. Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents all come to our home to eat The Turkey.

I have lived in many places. But, just because you have a place to live, does not mean you have a home. I have had only two homes in my life; the one my Mommie and Daddy made for me, and the one Mommie and I have made for David and Michael.

We have a nice house and nice things. But what fills it up and makes it our home is how much we love each other. I hope you make a home for some people some day. Its very nice.

David, I can't wait to come home.

Love,

Daddy

No comments: